Ladies, are you ready to share your passion for fishing in a big way? Whether you’ve been fishing since you were knee-high to a grasshopper or whether you just started fishing yesterday, it’s time to represent the female angling community and show @Take_Me_Fishing your favorite #FirstCatch moments past and present.
Do you have a special photo or video memory of your very first catch? Or a first catch of your favorite fish species? What about a first catch of the spring fishing season? Or a first catch while fishing a new lake or waterway? Whichever type of first catch experience it was, TakeMeFishing.org and I would love you to share it with us on Instagram or Twitter.
After all, recent research conducted by the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation and the Outdoor Foundation has shown that almost 42% of first-time fishing participants are female. So, lady anglers, we know you’re out there. Oh, and by the way, you could be rewarded by winning your very own bass boat.
If you need some help coming up with additional #FirstCatch moments to share, here are more ideas:
- A photo or video of your first fish caught on a fly rod.
- Your first fish caught from a boat.
- First time you mentored a friend while fishing and they caught a fish
- Your first fish caught on a topwater lure.
- The first fish you caught in your first fishing tournament.
If you’re wondering exactly what you need to do to win a boat, just follow the below steps:
- Follow @Take_Me_Fishing on Instagram or Twitter
- Upload and tag your favorite first catch photos or videos with #FirstCatchSweeps
- Earn a chance to win an all-new Evinrude® E-TEC® G2™ 250 H.O. powered Ranger® Z521C Bass Boat.
- See the official #FirstCatchSweeps rules.
Hurry! Start snapping those photos, uploading and tagging today! The sweepstakes ends on 5/25/15.