Are you trying to come up with fishing gift ideas for a lady angler friend or relative, but don’t want to spend hours trying to figure out what she might want or need? Well, don’t stress because I’ve come up with a list of fishing gift ideas that will save you time and make your holiday shopping a whole lot easier.
Fishing Gift Ideas
- Shefishes2 Coffee Mug. Available in stainless steel or ceramic, the “Sip Some Fisherwoman Fuel” Shefishes2 coffee mug has a rubber-lined lid for a spill-resistant seal. If you know a lady angler who doesn’t like to spend an early morning on the water without her coffee, this is a fun holiday fishing gift she will appreciate. Price range: $10 to $25
- Montauk Tackle ¼ Zip Performance Pull Over. With both 50+ UPF sun protection and stain release properties, this shirt offers comfort, style and practicality. The moisture-wicking material is also anti-microbial and soft to the touch. Available in seven colors: black, aqua, navy, yellow, pink, sky blue and white. Best part, all Montauk Tackle apparel is made in the U.S.A. Price: $79
- Shefishes2 UV Buff. Help her keep her face and head protected from UV rays while fishing. The original Shefishes2 Buff can be worn more than 12 ways, is seamless, odor resistant, wind resistant, offers thermal protection, and has natural stretch. Plus, this one happens to come in a custom Shefishes2 logo pattern that you can’t find anywhere else. Price: $20
- Yo-Zuri Fluorocarbon Leader. This is great holiday fishing gift idea for under $20. Anyone who goes fishing on a regular basis knows that you can never have too many extra spools of leader material on hand. Yo-Zuri’s disappearing pink fluorocarbon leader is a good choice due to the level of abrasion resistance, higher sensitivity, and superior knot strength. Buy a few 30-yard spools in varying weights, such as 10 lb, 20 lb, and 30 lb test.
- Daiichi Saltwater Bleeding Bait Circle Hooks. These chunk light non-offset hooks are constructed of 80 carbon steel, which provides sharper, longer lasting points and durability. The 2/0 or 3/0 sizes are suitable for inshore saltwater fishing for species such as redfish, snook or spotted seatrout. Daiichi Bleeding Bait Circle Hooks come in a package of 5 or 6. Price: $4 to $5
- St. Croix Avid Pearl Spinning Rod. The St. Croix Avid Pearl is constructed from a high modulus SCIII graphite blank and incorporates St. Croix’s exclusive IPC® technology. While these highly specialized rods have a stunning fuchsia-metallic exterior and reel seat with abalone barrel, don’t let its good looks fool you. The Avid Pearl is incredibly lightweight and sensitive with extreme strength and durability. Price: $210 to $250
- Allen Trout II Fly Reel. For the freshwater fly angler, the Trout series from Allen at West Wall Fly Shop features a unique, attractive spool and frame design with true large arbor dimensions. The ergonomic spool handle allows for easy left to right hand retrieve change while the simple drag adjustment rounds out its balance of function and fashion. Price: $139
- St. Croix Mojo Bass Fly Rod. This rod makes a good gift for the entry-level freshwater fly angler. The Mojo Bass Fly Rod is built on St. Croix’s lightweight yet sensitive SCII graphite 2-piece blank (black cherry metallic in color), and built with a moderate-fast action for quick, untroubled loading. This rod was designed for shorter, more precise casts and heavier flies. The Mojo Bass Fly Rod comes in 7, 8, and 9-weight models. Price: $150
- Shefishes2 Long-Sleeved Shirt. If you know a lady angler who is serious about her time on the water, order her a “SHUT UP AND FISH!” moisture-wicking shirt that’s lightweight and easy to wear. Made from 100% polyester, this style is available in white or steel gray and features the Shefishes2 logo. Price: $30
- Private Fly Casting Lesson. Know a lady angler that wants to learn how to fly cast? A private fly casting lesson can make a fantastic non-traditional gift. The best way to learn how to fly cast is one-on-one or two-on-one, and professional instructor Joe Mahler makes it easy for anyone to learn regardless of experience level. Price: $150 for 2 hours of instruction
Aside from these fishing gift ideas, have you ever received a fishing gift that was particularly useful? If the answer is yes, head over to the Shefishes2 Facebook Page and share a photo or comment on the link to this post. I’d love to hear which specific holiday fishing gifts you genuinely appreciated and why.
Have any questions about gift ideas for specific types of fishing? Don’t hesitate to send me an email through the contact form on the website.
Photo Credit: Pamela Mess